The spokesman for the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Abbas Mousavi, says there is no possibility of negotiations with the U.S. and only limited talks with Saudi Arabia are possible.
Speaking to the media in Tehran on Saturday April 27, Mousavi said that Tehran has not called for negotiations with Washington, and that talks with Saudi Arabia are simply about the formalities regarding Haj pilgrimage.
ISNA reported that Mousavi made the comments in response to "claims" by "some foreign media," but did not name which media outlets and what claims.
Last week, in response to the U.S. Special Representative for Iran, Brian Hook, who had said Washington was ready for negotiations for a better deal with Iran, President Hassan Rouhani said Iran will not talk with "those who stab."
Meanwhile, according to ISNA, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told reporters in New York that the U.S. is not a "reliable negotiator."
Zarif has been reported as having said repeatedly in New York last week that he was "ready and authorized" to negotiate with America over a prisoners swap.